23 April 2012

Thanksgiving Point 2012

Carma and I decided to go to the tulip festival today at Thanksgiving Point.  The weather was perfect, everything was in full bloom and it was gorgeous.  We rented an electric cart for Carma and she thought it was great.  There were a few people around but not at all crowded on a Monday morning.



The entrance to the gardens this year.





And, as you all know, you have to work to get a picture of Carma.  She does not want to cooperate so you have to "surprise" her just a little..  But as you can see, she is quite comfortable cruising along on her electric scooter.




View back up the hill toward the entrance, mostly red and white tuplips on both sides of the large grass hill.


Rows and rows of tulips.  They had some black tulips this year.  I don't think I got a picture of them but I don't think I had ever seen black tulips before.


Some shadowy person hiding under his Cougar hat!


Tulips along side of the stream.


I guess Carma decided to ride "side-saddle".


More of the same.



And, again.




Picture of the "butterfly garden" taken from on top of the hill with the roman columns.


So, as you can see.  A good time was had by all.   We then went over to the Thanksgiving Point Deli and had a nice smoked turkey sandwich with some delicious fruit salad (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the food - I'm not quite an experienced blogger like Emily is!).  Oh, we also left Sarai at our place cleaning the house.  Ah yes, retirement is quite nice, thank you....




5 comments:

Holly or James said...

So pretty. I gotta go see this some year.
-gym

ellen said...

Looks heavenly

Emily said...

I want to go!

It looks like there are some black tulips in the bottom of your first picture.

Delos said...

Whoa, mom looks a little out of control on that scooter. Should have initiated the governor! Lucky there are still a few tulips standing after that wild ride.

Summer said...

I want to go too! Super fun. Thanks for posting about it!