25 January 2012

Delos's trip to Munich/Salzberg/Neuschwenstein

Dachau front gate (words me "hard work will set you free"). they loved to do human experiments here.  about 50,000 died here, but it was not an extermination camp, it was a work/experimentation camp.  They did have an incinerator for those who did happen to die here.  And they built a gas chamber, but it never got into service. 

my WeinerSchnitzel lunch

the back of the movie von-trapp house where you'd see them having their tea or whatever with Max, and the lake they fell in while canoeing
the road the Captain was driving down when the kids were hanging from the trees

...you know!

real von-trapp house
Lake Wolfgang outside Salzburg (I think sara took a cruise on here), just one of the most beautiful places on earth.

the marriage church

the arch-garden where Maria was skipping along with her suitcase at Mirabel Gardens.
Mirabel Gardens where they were walking around the waterfall (learning to sing doe-a-deer)

Neuschwenstein castle that Walt Disney based his castle on

the castle in the summer, it seems like the most perfect castle in the most perfect location.

5 comments:

Peg said...

Wow Delos gets to go to the funniest places

mom said...

From the looks of things he had to go alone. How sad. (Marion)

Summer said...

so lucky!

Delos said...

I wasn't alone...I had outside counsel with me! 2 of them. I had them take pictures of me for only $400/hr.

Holly or James said...

Next time, I'm going!
-gym