05 February 2008

Time without big brother & sister

Here's a short video clip of Rachel playing with Charlie's favorite Christmas present, an R2D2. She usually LOVES to dance with him. Do you notice she leans over to give him a kiss during their dance?

Since it's Tuesday, Charlie is at preschool and it's just me and the baby for a few hours. I love being reminded how easy one can be! This is the only time Rachel gets me all to herself and I think we both enjoy our time together. We just got back from a short walk. It's 75 degrees out and cloudy with a nice cool breeze so we walked around the block and Rachel loved it! She did NOT want to hold my hand and it was so fun to watch her explore. She would bend down and "talk" to all the weeds and some of the cracks in the sidewalk and if she saw a bird, she would get so excited! She starts to blow and then says "tweet, tweet" (or tries to anyway). She LOVES birds. She even noticed a little spider on the neighbors driveway and she couldn't stop poking it until it died. I was proud of myself for letting her get so close because it was freakin' me out! Anyway, I love this quiet(er) time with her.

5 comments:

Emily said...

so cute and sweet! love that kiss! i bet she likes playing with r2 while charlie's gone so that she actually can have a turn, eh?

Ammon said...

Um, can I play with that toy? So cool! Ok, or your daughter--too cute!

Unknown said...

I go crazy with just Kate, she will not leave me alone and I just want to get stuff done. I should try to be a little nicer like you

Holly or James said...

That little girl is so adorable! It's fun with just one, huh? Jack loves being outside too. I'm really sad that he didn't start walking until it was freezing cold outside. I bet if it were a bit warmer we'd get to spend more time outside exploring too. Isn't this age so fun?

What a neat toy too!

Peg said...

That is so cute and Rach isn't bad either! Very sweet!