- Every Sunday, the kids get 30 dimes from us. They go in a little container.
- Every time I have to ask them more than once to do something, I get one of their dimes.
- Every time they disobey or talk without kindness and/or respect (etc.), I get a dime.
- Every time they sleep in their own bed ALL NIGHT (etc.), they get a dime.
- Every time they fight with each other, they both lose a dime.
On Saturday morning, the kids get to decide to either save their dimes or take them somewhere for spending fun. They can choose the $1 store or a game place (similar to Chuck E. Cheese). So far, it has been strangely successful and the kids are really enjoying it. I know it may not last for long (these types of things usually don't) but I am taking advantage while it lasts. So far, Charlie has bought a star wars watch ($2.99 at Party city!) and right now he's saving up for a blue lightsaber (because 1 - or 3 in his case - just isn't enough). Hannah's been buying toy pets, mostly dogs. Also, as a random sidenote, did anyone else ever notice that the word DIME is the same as DI ME in Spanish - meaning "tell me?"
What works for your family when it comes to teaching obedience?


7 comments:
PUH-LEASE, i don't even know what obedience is anymore.
this seems similar to misty's marbles approach, where they could earn boondocks or something big like that when they filled up the cup with marbles. sounds like it works, great idea!
nothing works! NOTHING!
But, good for you.
weekly beatings! just jokin.
-gym
The beating comment would come from James! Is that how you used to keep my kids in line when you babysat? I wonder if it will still work on Melanie (15) and Dustin (13)?
where do you keep the dimes? Good idea
in little tupperware containers.
Post a Comment