24 January 2008
I'm a CRAB!
(As a totally unrelated side note, I just found some really awesome deals at Old Navy. Everything I got was at least half price. I got some brown cargo cords and some camo pants for Charlie - $4.25 each. Some cute gray sweats with a navy stripe down the leg - $2.25. It was great fun! Check out your local store.)
It's funny because of all the people in our house, he's the LAST person that should be wearing this shirt. I actually should've bought it for me, but they didn't have my size. ANYWAY, I think I've been in a bad mood for about 4 or 5 weeks now and I don't know what to do about it. Every little thing is making me SO mad and I'm irritated and CRABBY all the time. I would blame it on hormones or something lame like that but it's been weeks now. Feel very sorry for my kids. Why do I take my moods out on them? I don't know how to get out of this rut so I'm wondering what you do to cheer yourself up when you're down? How do you keep your "crabbiness" to yourself so your whole family doesn't suffer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
maybe you're pregnant!!
i don't. i just let everyone suffer through it. what actually makes the difference is when my crabbiness starts to affect dave and HE gets crabby (because he's SO not like that). that's when i turn my frown UPSIDEDOWN.
also, i buy clothes. that really helps. i just got the CUTEST softest shirt from j.crew for ten bones. pintuck tissue tee. look it up.
Sweet Sara -- I think you would definately feel better if you hopped a plane and came to Hawaii with me! It makes me smile to be back in touch with the awesome Larson family!
A trip to Hawaii would definitely help!
I've been checking your blog out too - it's fun to see what's going on in your family! You seem to be such a happy and upbeat person - someone who looks on the bright side - how do you do it???
My problem is, eventually I would have to come home from Hawaii and then I'm crabby all over again. :)
Oh Em, by the way, I'm definitely NOT pregnant. (Cuz I was starting to get suspicious too...)
I bought that same shirt for Carter too for way cheap. But I was looking for it in my husband's size!
Friends. That's my answer. Whenever I start feeling ultra-crabby, I go out with some gal-pals. For me, it's being able to get away for awhile and be silly, loud, and carefree that helps pop me out of a bad mood. Well, that and lots of icecream!
P.S. When I move back to H-town, we'll have to hang out! Shoot, if you're crabby, we'll meet at Joe's Crab Shack-- where crabs are always welcome!
You know they say that you should go to bed a half hour earlier oh, wait that's for something else- Actually, that's what I do when I am crabby it's usually because I am so tired then I send myself or JohnPaul grounds me to bed. Shopping helps too! Nothing like spending money to make you feel better!
I was at ON on Monday and they didn't have any cute cheap stuff for boys darn it
I just looked at ON website and they have a ton of stuff on clearance there and shipping is only $5. Check it out!
Why do you take it out on your kids? Well, it's because you're around them 24/7! If you were working all the time, you would probably take it out on your co-workers. So don't feel bad. It does stink that we have to be around our families when we're in our worst moods.
Post a Comment