25 December 2007

My Merry Christmas


Well, Santa has finally dragged me into the 21st century - I got an ipod for Christmas. I also got a giftcard for itunes and as I am quickly discovering, there is A LOT of stuff out there. I mean, a lot! I am so out of it as far as music is concerned - I don't remember the last time I listened to the radio (even in my car). Anyway, when I was checking out ipods at the Apple Store before Christmas, I listened to a song by Chris Daughtry called "Over You" and I really liked it and I realized there's a lot of good music out there that I know absolutely nothing about.
So, I'm conducting a little poll. If you have any recommendations for me, I would love to hear about the songs/artists that you're into right now. Make your list long or short but let me know what songs you like or think I might. Thanks!

8 comments:

Emily said...

love dashboard confessional, u2, blink182 (edited), angels & airwaves, weezer...you should ask dave, he has the coolest music collection ever.

Sara said...

can you tell him to leave me a list on the comments po-lice? And which songs by those artists (above) do you like? What about that group that Stephenie Meyer likes so much - do they have anything good or that you would recommend? Did YOU get an ipod?

How was your Christmas? Did your boys have fun?

Missed ya'll like crazy today...

Emily said...

linkin park? yeah i like some of their songs, dave wants their new cd if it's edited. i'd have to listen to the discs to tell you names, gimme some time. yes i got one too.

ellen said...

I like Josh Turner, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Michael Buble, you know boring stuff, right now

Ammon said...

Oh man, you opened Pandora's Box on this one. I love ALL music. From Rap to Country, Indie to Pop, and everything in between. So, here are a few groups/songs I'm totally loving right now.

Blake Lewis--
How Many Words
Without You
End of the World
1000 Miles

A Fine Frenzy--
Almost Lover
Think of You

Ingrid Michaelson--
Keep Breathing
The Way I Am
Breakable

The Last Goodnight--
Pictures of You
One Trust

NeedtoBreathe--
We Could Run Away

Sean Kingston--
Me Love
Beautiful Girls

16 Frames--
Let's Not Pretend
Back Again

Graham Colton--
Best Days

Also, you can't go wrong with anything from Colbie Caillat (love her), Carrie Underwood, Nelly Furtado, One Republic, or Maroon 5.

Happy listening!

Ammon said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that some of these songs are not available on iTunes. But, Amazon has a growing MP3 collection (they have One Republic) and the songs there are .89-.99 cents and they are not protected (meaning you're not restricted to the # of copies you make or # of computers it's on).

Emily said...

i like colby callait "bubbly", avril lavigne "girlfriend" and pink's "who knew?" right now too. love maroon 5 also. dave is going to compile a list as well. we also love one republic's "apologize"

Sara said...

You guys rule! Thanks so much - at least now I have some ideas of stuff to listen to before I decide what to download. Thanks for your ideas - great list Lynette!

Em, don't let Dave forget to make me a list too okay?