01 December 2007

Christmas has come to Texas

Last weekend, after Thanksgiving, we got our Christmas decorations and spent a few days putting up our tree and other decorations. We put up TWO trees this year... this one downstairs and a smaller one upstairs for the kids.
I had to include a shot of my favorite star-shaped wreaths hanging beside my front door. Now that we're all starting to feel better, I can pack away our decoration boxes and clean up a little bit. Decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving is turning into one of my favorite holiday traditions. I love to put on music and unpack our decorations and talk to CJ and the kids about our memories from holidays past. This is a great time of year.

6 comments:

Emily said...

where did you get those WREATHS? love LOVE them! and what a pretty tree! i hope it's pre-lit? we're doing our tree today, i'm dreading it. it's fun to do it, but we're only going to be able to decorate the top half because noah just can't leave stuff alone.

Emily said...

are you having a christmas party again this year?

ellen said...

if I put my christmas stuff up that early I'm SICK of it by the 25th

Sara said...

We're tossing around the idea of having an adults only holiday game night instead of what we did last year. There were WAY too many kids here and it got completely crazy - even with the babysitters and crafts we had. So maybe a game night but nothing planned yet.

My wreaths are from pottery barn. I got them at an after Christmas sale and they were only about $10 each and I LOVE them.

We take our Christmas stuff down a few days after Christmas so I figure it takes so much effort to get out, I might as well do it and enjoy it for a few weeks.

Ammon said...

I miss my Texas Christmas! And those wreaths are too cute!

Holly said...

SUCH pretty decorations! Thanks for posting them! (I know that I requested it of you.)