Well, it happened. After my Enrichment meeting this morning, I decided to go pick up McDonald's and take it to Hannah's school for lunch. I was so excited to surprise her. As soon as she walked around the corner and saw me, she said, "is that my mom?" and then she burst into tears. I went over to give her a hug and she was burning up and she had "sick eyes." The poor thing is totally sick - I think she has what Charlie is just getting over. Anyway, needless to say, we loaded to food back up, went straight to her classroom for her things and I brought her home with me. It reminded me of when I was little - I always used to cry when I was sick and I guess sometimes I still do. Right now she's in her jammies with a pillow and blanket on the couch watching Annie. Where I'm guessing she'll stay for the next 3-4 days. It probably won't be a very happy Thanksgiving for her, but I'm really glad I was there to take her home when I was.
I'm thankful for Hannah because she answered my prayers over 7 years ago and came to our family as a total miracle. Our reproductive endocrinologist told us that the chances of us having our own child was about 15% - even with the most current reproductive technology. We were all set to adopt and along she came. She is a testimony to me of the power of fasting and prayer (even though I know that doesn't work for everybody). Sometimes I forget that, but I'm grateful to have her and her brillant mind in our family. Rachel is so happy to have her Hannah home she can barely leave the poor thing alone and that speaks for itself - we all love Hannah and hope she feels better soon!
20 November 2007
Thankful for Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love hannah too, hope she gets better! We'll miss you at thanksforgiving.
we sure will, wish you were coming. this post made me cry! something about seeing your mom... right after we moved to maryland i was at school and had forgotten my lunch, so mom dropped it off. when i went to the office to get it and saw her i burst into tears and told her i wanted to go home. she cried too and hugged me but made me stay...i guess that's the only way to get used to a new place...i guess that really has nothing to do with your post it just made me think of it. i hope hannah gets well soon.
Post a Comment