19 November 2007

Thankful for Charlie

I want to try to post this week about the things I'm most thankful for. Charlie was really sick last week. The sickest I think I have ever seen him. Anyway, he's feeling better now and I decided to do a post in honor of his health! This is a picture of his recent pictures. The photographer was laughing about how he looks like a little man and joked about him running for office one day. Anyway, Charlie is the sweetest little guy. Just this morning, I was upstairs getting ready and he & Rachel were downstairs eating breakfast. He called up to me that he was finished eating so I told him to come upstairs and see me. He said no so I asked him why not and he said, "'Cause then Rachel will be down here all alone and she'll get lonely. Come down and get her too." He's very thoughtful and I think it's so cute.
I had a few errands to run today and CJ met me at P.F. Chang's for lunch. It was yummy! But the big surprise was that Charlie is a pro at chopsticks!
CJ showed him how to hold them and he just picked them up and ate all of his rice with them. I couldn't believe it! I can't eat with chopsticks and it was hilarious to see Charlie doing it like he'd done it all his life. I think he was as good with the chopsticks as he is with a fork.

I'm so glad he's feeling better and for the ways that he teaches me to think about other people and their feelings.

5 comments:

Emily said...

what a sweet boy! i LOVE those pictures, he really does look like a little man, especially with that tie. i could really do with some pf chang's, come on over.

Sara said...

Em, your comment is makin' me cry. I feel SO lonely today. I must be really tired or it's being alone for the holidays (AGAIN!) or something...

Holly or James said...

love the chopsticks. i've learned how to use them and love using them!
-gym

Anonymous said...

Sara, we can be alone for the holidays TOGETHER! ok?

ellen said...

What a sweet little guy! Weird about the chopsticks, I'll never figure those things out