30 November 2007

So Sad

This is a picture of a little girl named Riley. Most of you probably know her story but I was SHOCKED when my 6 year old daughter started talking about details of what happened to her at dinner last night. According to Hannah a boy at school told her all about it - which is a whole different issue. Anyway, I've thought a lot about this little girl in the past few days, maybe because it's such a big story around here. Mostly I feel sick when I think about what must have been going through that poor child's head in the last few hours of her life. I know bad things happen in this life but it's another thing when my 6 year old hears about those bad things and asks questions. Go hug your kids and be grateful they are safe at home with good parents like you.

3 comments:

Ammon said...

Stories like these make me so sad and upset at the same time. I too constantly wonder what that little child was thinking. My only consolation is that I know they are not alone. I believe the Spirit and Savior are there to protect them in whatever ways they can.

Emily said...

is she the 2 year old who was beaten to death? makes me sick. me and dave can't stop talking about it. it makes me sick to my stomach, and SO glad little children are sent to heaven. how terrible for Heavenly Father to have to send his little ones to places where stuff like this is going to happen. I wonder if he goes "sorry it's going to be terrible, but the atonement will cover it?" ugh.

Holly or James said...

i've never heard the story but i'm not sure i want to cause it'll prolly just make me mad.
-gym