Well, I have been sicker than a pig. CJ came home from work sick on Monday and Rachel got a fever on Monday and started throwing up and I went to bed Monday night thinking, "how did everyone in my family get this except for me?" Why oh why oh why do I curse myself with such thoughts?
Then, Tues. morning rolled around and I wanted to die! Have any of you had this? The Dr.'s in our area are saying that it's rampant! (One of the Dr.'s we saw was also suffering from it at the time she was seeing us! I don't even know how she was at work). Fevers, chills, body aches like you wouldn't believe, really sore neck (I can seriously barely turn my head), throwing up, runny nose, sore throat, etc. etc. It feels like the flu although the Dr. is insisting that it's just a bad cold. And we all got flu shots. But we were NOT protected from this. It has been truly miserable. How can both parents be sick at once - and with a sick 1 year old? It's just not right. Hannah would jump on me every morning at 6:30 saying, "mom, I've got to get ready for school. When are you getting up?" Unbelievable! I should've made her stay home to take care of us! Last night was our big Christmas Enrichment with dinner and a program and yes, the Enrichment Counselor was sicker than a pig, at home and in bed. I hope it went well.
Anyway, I hope (and pray!) that we are all on the mend. I never want to be sick again.
29 November 2007
SICK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ugh, i am SO sorry. we've been sick here too, but not the throw up at least (why would a cold make you throw up, and why didn't that dr stay home so she didn't spread it?). i've been super achy, sore neck too, but mostly just cough and runny nose, no throw ups. i hope y'all get better very soon. (dave came home from work yesterday too, terrible)
Nothing like a horrible case of the flu/cold to make you appreciate your healhy, normal body. I guess we have to experience the bad to appreciate the good.
Get well soon!
I think I've had that same thing this week, only no throw up and it didn't last more than a few days luckily. Still have sore throat and cough but feel much better. Hope you do too soon.
lynette, dave said that exact same thing yesterday! isaac couldn't stop coughing and he asked dave why and dave said "so you can be happy when you DO stop coughing". weird.
i had that about a month ago!
-gym
Post a Comment