Hannah came home from school yesterday with VERY exciting news. Her artwork that was submitted to the Brazoria County Fair won FIRST PRIZE. Yes, that's a blue ribbon hanging on the left side of her bee-yoo-tiful drawing of a pig. I am so proud of her. She loves doing art and wants to be an artist when she grows up so it was pretty exciting. Notice the apple core the pig left behind - because pigs would NOT eat the core (same as humans, right?)
Also, Charlie and I rented the old Christopher Reeve "Superman" movie two days ago and I have to say that it came in VERY handy yesterday during his 24-hour illness. I think he watched it 3.5 times (one of which was in the middle of the night and I slept nearby on the couch). Anyway, I saw this movie about 100 times growing up so it was funny to watch it as an adult. It is a very STUPID movie. The plot is lame, parts of the story never develop or go anywhere (does anyone remember the weird trial at the beginning with the 3 people inside the spinning rings and they are pronounced guilty and put into that diamond shaped mirror that floats through space while they all yell "forgive me" - who are they anyway and what do they have to do with the rest of the story?) Anyway, I did realize this time what a hottie Christopher Reeve used to be - something I never thought about during my previous viewings. And Margot Kidder who plays Lois Lane looks remarkably similar to Demi Moore. Charlie loved it but I give it a big thumbs down.
16 November 2007
Brazoria County Fair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i do NOT remember that trial but i burst out laughing when you described it. weird. congratulations hannah! love your picture.
There are huge floating faces that each say "guilty" and it's kind of freaky. After the first viewing, I just skipped to the part where Jor-El puts little Kal-El into the star shaped spaceship and blasts him off to earth just a Krypton starts to explode from orbiting too close to it's sun. Remember that old man and woman who find 3 yr. old Clark in that cornfield? And the scene where he's running faster than the train? The special effects are TERRIBLE. The flying scenes are hilarious. Anyway, Charlie loves it...
I love that movie, and those names... heh heh
the special effects are funny but i still love that movie
-gym
Don't those people show up in the next Superman movie? They bust out of the prism after a bomb goes off that was in the elevator from the Eiffel Tower that was thrown into space by Superman to save everyone, ya know?
And how about how Lois Lane being some kind of CHAIN SMOKER!?! How funny is that?! That was supposed to be attractive back then or something. Hilarious!
did you know that nicolas cage jamed his kid col-el (or however you spell it) helen?
Post a Comment