I've been crazy busy for the past week and I've been dying to post (who knew I could get so addicted to this blogging thing) but alas, it was not to be. I've started writing down ideas I get for posts though because I hope to someday get to them (my ideas that is). I really want to post 6 things about me from Emily's "something" blog. But, since I'm WAY short on time today, I thought I would write a few things that have been going on around here.
Last Wednesday, Rachel got her cast off. It was a happy day! She cried (I think the saw scared her) and her skin was yucky and peeling. I was so happy to put in the tub and scrub her down that night. It's been heaven. And the x-rays looked great. The Dr. said it healed perfectly and no lasting effects - hooray!
Last Friday, I took Rachel to the Dr. (pediatrician this time) and she had a double ear infection. She is now on antibiotics and a lot happier.
In other Rachel news, she is now a walking fool! There's no stopping her. She just decided to walk all of the sudden (the day after her cast came off) and she's barely even crawling anymore. Now, she's obsessed with going up the stairs and I think we might have to get another gate. Walking makes her so happy.
I took Charlie to the Dr. on Mon. (I'm starting to feel like I'm spending my life in Dr.'s offices) for a strep culture and ear check. He was fine on both counts and went to preschool on Tues. This morning he woke up with a fever and has been throwing up all morning. I've done a lot of laundry so far today... Is there any way to avoid this spreading to the rest of my family?
Over the weekend, CJ's sister from Austin came for a visit and we watched her son's hockey game. It was fun and now Charlie wants to be a hockey player like his cousin.
Over the weekend, we also painted our bedroom. I love it! Yesterday I washed our new bedding and put it on the bed and I love it! Someday, I'll take pictures and post the new look.
Over the weekend, we also got family pictures taken. What an ordeal! They turned out pretty good though and we have our Christmas cards ready to go. Now to address the envelopes...
We have an Enrichment meeting tonight. We're making FHE quilts. I just got home from the church where we set up tables. (CJ had to come home from work to be with sick Charlie so I could go to the church to set up...)
Our Christmas Enrichment meeting (dinner and program) are in less than 2 weeks. I feel like I probably won't sleep much between now and then. Why does Enrichment stress me out so much???
I love reading blogs. Emily's is so cute and now I'm interested in Lynette's. I don't think I've ever met her, but I like her and want to know her someday. I'm glad she's okay after the earthquake.
My cousin stayed with us two weekends ago to interview for a residency program here and it was so fun to talk to him and catch up on his family news. It made me think a lot about growing up and knowing our cousins and it made me wish we were all closer and more in touch. I also think this whenever I read my cousin Debbie's blog. I want to be friends with her and I haven't even seen her in like 5 years. Sad.
I'm out of news but I had to use purple again to make this even. Oh, yeah, I just thought of something. CJ and I are starting to plan our January trip to Mexico. Can't wait. Hope everything works out so we can really go...
15 November 2007
My week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
fun post! sorry about the sick kids. you have met lynette, she was at my baby shower for isaac that you gave me. she gave me that super cute present in a basket with washcloths and a gap outfit...and when she moves back to texas you can be friends! good luck with your enrichments. i'm soo glad i don't have a calling yet. can't wait to see your bedroom! and weird that rachel didn't walk before her cast was off...seems like crawling would be harder with a cast.
I too love these blogs! I don't know Lynette or Val but read their blogs regularly. Was very happy that Lynette finally told us they were okay after the earthquake.
Too bad about all the sickness at your house! Vacation... I can only dream at this point!
can we change the black background on this blog? it makes my eyes trip out
Good blogging sara
-james
no way, i love the black, did it on purpose. it's just the purple and nobody every really uses it.
Wow, Emily is kind of controlling isn't she?
:-)
Don't you love how I just pop in here and act like I belong?
I wish I lived closer to ALL OF YOU! You guys are FUN. I think I'll go sulk now...
Oh, Sara, sorry about the sickness! I've been doing that over here too and it is spreading! oy.
i get a little crazy when it come to blogs. and you do belong.
Does anyone notice how the RED looks like it's 3D??? It like pops up from the page. Weird.
Wow, Sara, it sounds like you've had a WAY busy week. I'm surprised you've been able to do all this with sick kids too! Good job!
-Holly
sara--let's be friends!
where in houston are you? we were in katy. sounds like you've been a busy bee! can't wait to see pics of the bedroom & bathroom.
p.s. how's the christmas enrichment dinner coming along?... nothing can stress a woman out more than her church calling! totally relate!
p.s.s. i'm linking your blog {sara} on mine since it looks like you've taken over emily's role and became the main contributor here at "our family."
Post a Comment