22 October 2007

Things I'm doing today to avoid the MASSIVE pile of ironing stacking up in my bedroom...

* making homemade noodles and chopping chicken and veggies for soup. It's the first coolish day we've had for MONTHS and I'm dreaming of fall...

* writing thank you notes after Charlie's awesome "Pirates" party on Saturday

* cleaning up lots of new toys (see above)

* planning a trip to Home Depot (if Rachel wakes up in time - I also have to pick-up Hannah) to buy paint for my bedroom. Yes, we've actually decided to finally do our bedroom! I can't wait!

* being VERY grateful that I'm not doing what Emily is doing right now (see her blog "something" for details). I HATE having sick kids - especially throw-up sick kids.

* being the black spider-man to chase Charlie around every few minutes. He got a "Spidey" costume on Sat. that he's living in.

* putting a second coat of purple paint on Hannah's pumpkin project. She has to disguise a pumpkin for school tomorrow. After a day-long debate, I voted to disguise it as a hot air balloon but she decided on making it a peacock. If it's cute, I'll post a picture later. She spent most of the day yesterday cutting out feathers and gluing sequins to them.

* weighing the pros and cons of the new washers and dryers we looked at on our date Saturday night. We desperately need something new and I'm kind of set on a front loader while my spouse would rather save on a top loading set.

* wishing I didn't hate ironing as much as I do...

5 comments:

Emily said...

very cute post! i wanna see that peacock pumpkin, very clever. can't wait to see your bedroom!

Peg said...

That's why I take it all to the Dry Cleaners!

Peg said...

BTW... it snowed at our house yesterday!

Emily said...

btw, i haven't ironed since we moved into our house (august 4th). wanna see MY pile?

ellen said...

btw I NEVER iron, heh heh