Last Friday, while we were in Albuquerque, Rachel fell off of a pile of pillows. She was trying to climb up them I guess. Anyway, according to CJ (I wasn't in the room) she fell off and she really cried but we figured it was no big deal. We debated taking her to the ER that night but decided to wait and see how she was doing. Anyway, five days later, she still wouldn't put any pressure on it so today I took her in to see the pediatrician. He thought she was fine because there was no bruising or swelling but sent me to the hospital for x-rays just to be safe. The radiologist told us she had a fracture in her radius - the bone in her forearm on the thumb side. So no wonder she wasn't putting any pressure on it!
So, we got to see an orthopedic surgeon this afternoon (a grand total of 8 hours in Dr.'s offices and waiting rooms) and she gets to wear this lovely pink cast for the next 4 weeks. She actually managed to fracture both the radius AND the ulna. What kind of mother takes her 11 month old to Explora, the balloon fiesta, 2 days of driving etc when she has two broken bones? Sheesh! Anyway, excuse her really messy and wet onsie in the pictures, but this was her first attempt at the one-armed sippy cup! Poor baby!
10 October 2007
I totally win mom of the year for this!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Look at sweet face! All happy and smiling - No wonder you couldn't tell it was broken.
so funny! well, not so much funny as sad, but still funny! she looks VERY cute. i'm sorry about your long day at the dr's though.
ah man, you'd think there would be swelling and bruising and lots more crying. sucks!
-gym
How sad! That poor little girl! I can totally see myself doing the SAME thing. Jack breaks his arm or leg and I wouldn't even know about it for days. ): How does she like crawling? She'll have that cast on for her first birthday huh?
Post a Comment