Do other peoples' kids fuss ALL DAY? By the end of the day, does anybody else feel like hiding anywhere (even a garbage can) just to get away from their kids for a few minutes? After you get home from 3 hours of church where you wrestled your kids the entire time and didn't hear a thing, let alone feel like you were learning something, do you ever feel like crying and say "WHAT'S THE POINT?!" Why do I even bother taking them? Why don't I just stay home and wrestle them here, instead of in a dress and high heels with people watching? Do you ever just need a treat, so you make a pan of brownies, and as you take them out of the oven and set them on the counter, the hot pad slips and the entire pan falls upside down on the floor? Well it happens to me. And I eat them anyway. After all, I've been hiding in a trash can all day. What's a little floor dirt?
09 September 2007
I'm a grouch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This post is refreshing!
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days!
Oh ,and I completely agree with the church thing- half the time I feel inactive since I'm always chasing Wesley around the halls instead of being in class.
I think someone needs to reconsider the age to enter Nursery... 18 months seems too long!
I agree! Carter goes into nursery in 3 weeks and I can't wait. The last 6 months has been so hard at church...especially when Sean and I have to teach class on the same Sunday!
Amen, amen, amen to the post and the comments.
Just last Sunday James was supposed to talk in church (thus knowing i'd have both kids with me in a pew all by myself for the entire sacrament meeting) and when Jack was ready for a nap 20 minutes before we had to leave for church I just said, "I'm putting JAck down and I'm not going to worry about getting to church on time cause I wouldn't be able to enjoy James' talk anyway cause I'd be wrestling with a very fussy baby the whole time anyway" Everyone at church later that day kept telling me, "You missed your husband's great talk!" and I was just like, "Who cares! Jack got a nap and I saved myself the hassel". So it's okay to not go to church occasionally. (:
Also, tonight I felt the same way. I wanted to hide in a trash can. I seriously kept thinking "I'm done! I'm done!" James has been gone all day, home for 45 minutes while I taught a piano lesson and then left again to go to Young Men's. I've had these two kids all day and it HASN'T been fun! Caleb is still fighting us with going #2 every other day (which causes more problems). He sat on the potty today for over an hour CRYING and BEGGING me not to make him go poo! Then at the same time I had Jack who wouldn't take a nap and just wanted me to walk around with him or carry him the whole afternoon. It was a hard day! If you find a trash can with any room, let me know! (:
-Holly
aw man holly, so sorry. hate days like that. seems like noah's like that all the time lately.
Post a Comment