Well, I recently went shopping at Nordstrom (no big surprise there eh?) and I had my first Houston Celebrity Sighting. There I was debating whether or not I really needed aqua-blue criss-cross platform shoes (they were seriously the cutest shoes I've EVER tried on and on sale too) and suddenly there he was...
YAO MING
It was pretty exciting. There were a lot of people asking him for autographs I guess, or maybe that crowd around him was his entourage - who knows? I just kind of felt sorry for him that he couldn't even shop in peace. Then again, he's pretty hard to miss since most people only come up to his elbow. The important thing? I passed on the platforms...


4 comments:
sweet. he is a tall guy. i bet he can't fit anything in Nordstrom!
-james
Yao lives in my in-laws neighborhood here in Katy. I've seen him out several times... and he is HUGE! I saw him once outside his house and he was taller than his garage door! Also, my brother-in-law went on splits with the missionaries here and he took them to Yao's house... he didn't tell them before hand where they were going... imagine their surprise! In the end, he was very polite, but not interested.
He must have been shopping for a present for his bride. Did you see he got married today in Shanghai?
neat. i saw...wait for it....richard simmons at LAX when dave and i went to disneyland (for our first anniversary). it was sweet. he was in the shorts and everything. and he had an entourage.
Post a Comment