While CJ is enjoying a week of fishing at Doc Warners in Alaska, I have been home, trying to entertain 3 constantly bored and argumentative and teasing children. It sounds like CJ is having the time of his life - if you're interested, check out the website http://www.docwarners.com/. It has been a dream of his for a long time and I know he's probably loving it. Here are some of the ways we're spending our time while he's gone...
Thank goodness for Cinemark's $1 kid movies this summer. We had season passes last year but this year it has been hit & miss. Anyway, we just saw "Hoodwinked" and it was a major success around here. It's a pretty cute show and I love ANYTHING with a Patrick Warburton voice - this time he plays the big bad wolf.
Hoodwinked opened the world of "Little Red Riding Hood" to Charlie who has spent half of the week with a red dishtowel over his head & pinned under his chin (yes, even in public!) despite the fact that grandma Larson MADE a red riding hood for Hannah. Charlie is NOT ALLOWED to touch Hannah's things in case anyone was wondering. Anyway, we made a trip to the library and came home with two versions of the story but this one is Charlie's favorite.
We have also spent lots of rainy hours in Hannah's room playing Polly Pocket. In each game, Hannah plays the main character and I play her sister. The first night, we dress up and go to a ball where Hannah's girl meets the man of her dreams and gets engaged. Then we go home and wake up on her wedding day and she moves in with her new husband (and takes all the good furniture and dresses. Oh yeah, and all the pets too...) Day 3 is usually her baby shower where I give her a crib, stroller and high chair and then she immediately goes into labor. Sometimes, we even make it to day 4 - a day at college.
I also spent the afternoon at a local putt-putt type place yesterday. We only played inside since it's too hot and humid to do anything outdoors. I spent $13 (all the cash in my wallet) on tokens and let the kids play skee-ball and air hockey and rack up all the tickets they could which they then used to buy prizes - really neat treasures that will probably become the next Wolf Family Heirlooms. We ate at IHOP afterwards and Charlie wolfed (no pun intended) down 2 pancakes. All that air hockey can really work up an appetite!
We've also played a lot of Harry Potter Uno - just like the original but it includes an Invisibility Cloak that gets you out of drawing 4 or being skipped or whatever and a Howler card where the other players have to tell you all the cards in their hand.
And I taught the kids "Old Maid" too. Of course, we've also spent a few afternoons at the neighborhood pool and I've been working on my lesson for RS this Sunday too. And did I mention that I painted and hung curtains and pictures in the dining room? All in all, it's been a good week, but I can't wait for CJ to get home. I think it's HIS turn to play Polly Pocket's sister and then read "Red Riding Hood" about 10 times in a row. I'll be taking a nap!
03 August 2007
Our week without Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, that Alaska Trip sounds awesome! I can't wait to hear about what CJ caught! I may even be a little jealous.
you're a VERY good mom.
Post a Comment