07 August 2007

My latest project...

So, for some reason, I decided I needed a project to work on while CJ was in Alaska and I chose to work on my dining room. We already had a rug (I wanted to do this room in greens but the rug was a GREAT deal) and the table and chairs. After I started taping, I realized I needed a few "Before" pictures so you could see the difference a little paint would make.
We don't use this room very often. We usually eat Sunday dinner in here and when we've had a few people over for dinner. So I've decided that for us at least, formal dining rooms are a waste of space.
Anyway, here are a few "After" shots. If you can't tell, the paint is two different colors - the top one is a little bit lighter than the bottom. I'm really happy with how it turned out and it was almost worth all the trouble it was to paint it.
I had to get my babysitter to come over and play with the kids on the last day of painting though because all their "help" was driving me nuts! I especially like the curtains and those were fun to hang up (and a lot easier than the painting). I'm still looking for some hold-backs for the curtains and maybe a mirror or something else for the walls, but essentially, this room is now done.
Maybe we'll use this room more often now, but if not, it looks a little better and it's one of the first things you see when you come in our front door. I guess we'll fix the house up just the way we want it and then put it on the market like we did with our last house. Maybe if I hurry, we can be gone in a year or so. Now on to the master bath and bedroom!

6 comments:

Holly or James said...

It looks great!
-jim

Peg said...

I really like the chandelier and the room looks awesome! I think you don't really appreciate a dining room until you don't have one. You just need to entertain more often!

Ammon said...

Oooohhh, pretty!

Emily said...

SO pretty. i love it! it looks like it belongs on HGTV. what a difference a little paint and curtains makes!

ellen said...

Looks awesome, Nice work! But what's all that stuff on your kitchen counter? heh heh

Sara said...

Ellen,
that's not my kitchen counters - that's the "butler's pantry" that connects the dining room to the kitchen and it has one of our 72-hour kits on it (we've been updating them) and some painting stuff...

my house is always a mess though!