27 August 2007

little stinker


A few minutes ago I noticed these strange spots on Isaac's cheek. What could it be? A rash? Bug bites? Hmmm...a mystery. I thought it was so strange how symmetrical the spots were. How could a rash be symmetrical? And then I realized...this morning I was in my room when I heard Isaac say "Ow, stop hitting me Noah! Ow! OW!" and he started to really cry, much harder than you would expect a 3 year old to cry when an 11 month old hits. I came out to see Noah holding my brush and assumed Noah had whacked Isaac with it, but I still thought Isaac was overreacting just a bit.

I took it away and gave Noah a "time out" (really, what can you do to an eleven month old? I put him in his room, and he crawled right back out). So what are those symmetrical spots? Brush marks. OUCH. Noah is such a stinker. He hits all the time. How do you discipline him at his age? Poor Isaac.

9 comments:

Ammon said...

Hmmm, that's a hard one. My advice is to Ask Miss Angie-- she'll have great ideas.

Ammon said...

Okay... so my link didn't work. Here's a working one--Ask Miss Angie.

Jessica said...

ouch!

Holly or James said...

Where the heck would Noah learn how to hit? Doesn't he just do it when he's excited? That's what Jack does when he's excited.

Emily said...

nope, he hits when he's mad, or anytime isaac is near, or anytime we pick him up...but mostly when he's mad. i'm asking angie.

ellen said...

Kate hits too, I put her in her crib for 2 minutes and tell her VERY seriously no. Best thing I could think of and seems to work okay.

Sara said...

Poor Isaac! Think how hard Noah must've hit him to leave those marks. It's so hard to discipline at that age. Nice to have you back on the blog by the way - I really missed all your cute posts!

Emily said...

yours are better. but i'm glad to be back, believe that. whenever noah hits i put him on the floor and say in a firm voice "we don't hit" and walk away. it makes him bawl but doesn't seem to make a difference.

The AZ Gearharts said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!