31 August 2007

I love Swiss Days

It's that time of year again...
Labor day...
hints of fall...and
SWISS DAYS!
It's a festival in Midway, Utah (which is next to Park City) with booths and food and music and parades and it's awesome. I love to go for the food--Swiss tacos (well, they're really Navajo tacos but since it's Swiss days they call them Swiss), caramel apples, and pie--and the booths. My favorite is the Rod Works booth, even though I go to their store so often I would know their inventory blindfolded. I love the beautiful drive through Provo canyon to get there because the leaves are just starting to turn colors; I love that it's cool in the mornings and hot in the afternoon; I love that you have to listen to kids perform who really don't sound very good and yodelers all day; I love that last year walking at Swiss Days put me into labor; I love that I can always find something cute for my house even if I don't need anything; I love that all of my sisters are here so we can go shopping together; I love that Dave took the day off today so I can go up both Friday and Saturday;

I love Swiss Days!!!

2 comments:

christina said...

My sisters and I are going tomorrow! Maybe I'll see you!

Holly or James said...

Every year I think "Maybe THIS year I can go to Swiss days" but something ALWAYS comes up so I can't. But I will vow to all of you, I WILL go to swiss days before I die!

-Holly