
View of Little Cottonwood Canyon from trail to Red Pine Lake
I went for a hike on Monday, so I thought I would send a couple pictures on before my surgery tomorrow morning. I really love to hike – I enjoy the solitude and the beauty- it just rejuvenates me, and I decided I might not get another chance this summer after the doctors get through with me. One of my favorite hikes of last year was to Red Pine Lake, up the south side of Little Cottonwood Canyon. It is about 4 mile hike (each way) and I decided to also hike on up to Upper Red Pine Lake since it (supposedly) only another half mile and about 500 feet higher (it took me an hour to go that extra half-mile). Red Pine lake is at 9800 feet elevation and Upper Red Pine lake is at 10,300. So, by the time I got back to the truck I had hiked about 10 miles with about a 3000 foot elevation change so I could really feel it in my legs. I haven’t done enough hiking this year.
(I'll report in when I get home -probably Thursday or Friday- after the surgery)

Upper Red Pine Lake, Elevation 10,300 feet

Moose - Seen On the way home

Red Pine Lake, Elevation: 9800 Feet

One of the streams on the way to Red Pine Lake. You can see why I like this hike.
2 comments:
so pretty! but 10 miles? you're a real go-getter.
sounds like a real party. i wanna do some hikin'!
Post a Comment