18 August 2007

# 6


Happy Anniversary to me and Dave! Who can believe it's been six years already? That's like more than 1/5 of my life! Crazy. This day six years ago I was very nervous, but very excited. I was actually ready on time but mom wasn't and we were a little late getting to the temple. That made Dave very nervous. In fact, I think his dad started preparing him for me not showing up. Hilarious! But I did. We sat in the Celestial Room waiting to do the veil ceremony, then the sealer (President Pixton) came and talked to us and took us into the sealing room. It was so nice to see all the family (except Delos of course) there, and even some of my friends were there. My wedding dress was so gigantic that when I sat down I slammed the chair against the wall. So embarrassing. I had also had ACL surgery just a few weeks before so I didn't actually kneel completely...my right leg was stuck out behind me at an awkward angle. But, we got married, and it's worked out pretty great so far!

8 comments:

Ammon said...

Happy Anniversary! Doesn't time fly!!! Ammon and I will celebrate 9 years next month. My dress looked almost exactly like yours--it brings back all those wedding memories...Awww!

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary!! I remember sitting in the waiting room wondering why you weren't there yet!

Holly or James said...

6 years? are you sure? happy anniversary...happy happy happy happy happy anniversary, happy happy happy happy happy anniversary!
-James

Emily said...

we must have good taste lynette! i forgot you weren't in the temple, jess. weird. and yes, gym, we got married in 2001. and thanks!

Jessica said...

P.S. glad to hear it is working out for ya so far!

Val said...

Thanks for NOT inviting me to your wedding ceremony! Just kidding, I was too busy being a newlywed in my own little world. Yea for 2001 weddings!

christina said...

Congrats Em and Dave!

Emily said...

thanks! hey val, you would've come to albuquerque? sorry i didn't invite you! sad.