On Monday we signed up to do paintball. I was terrified. I had heard it's super painful to get hit by a paintball gun so I wasn't so much looking forward to this activity. The teams were me, Misty, Delos, and Jared against Alice, Dave, Dad, and Gym. We played Capture the Flag. The field was about 30 feet across so there wasn't much chance to run and hide...we mostly had to stay behind our barriers and cower in terror as paintballs flew over our heads. Jared and Gym were the flag retrievers while the rest of us were snipers. The first game a painball came through my tiny eyehole and hit my hand. It didn't really hurt, so I thought all this stuff about paintballs hurting was bunk. I think James got the flag that game. Then the second game Jared was on his way out to get the flag but ran out of ammo. He asked for a distraction so, since I was also out of ammo and figured paintballs didn't really hurt, I came running out of my hiding place screaming to draw their fire. I felt an excruciating pain on my side as I realized I'd been hit. I raised my hand (the signal that you've been hit so everyone will stop shooting at you) and went running back to my hiding place. Jared retrieved the flag and our team was victorious (although it turns out Dave S. had hit him about 3 times when he was hiding behind some barrels but he says the adrenaline prevented him from feeling it)...so really we lost both times. I say it's not possible to not know you got hit. OW, man. It seriously hurts. I still have the bruise from the offending paintball to the side. Ouch. But sooo fun. We signed up to do it again on Thursday so Dave F. could do it with us. More on that later.

All of us in our sweet getup.




6 comments:
I love that game! we gotta do that every time i come and visit...so about once every two years.
-james
i'm covered in bruises. found another one on my stomach today. all over my arms and especially my legs. don't you people know arms and legs are out of bounds?!
Em, you look hot in that jumpsuit! You look really tough and intimidating. I'd be scared if I was there!
it WAS hot in those jumpsuits!
Ammon went paint-balling once and came home with a HUGE knot on his noggin! I know that it was painful, but even now I can't help but crack up! It was hilarious!
it HURTS. but so worth it.
Post a Comment