We're moving on Saturday. Today was our last day in our ward. And I've discovered that I hate change. I get physically sick. I'm constantly on the verge of tears. I feel nervous and unsure and shy, and it's awful. I'm afraid of going to my new ward and going to Relief Society for the first time in almost 4 years and having nobody to sit by. I'm afraid of being far away from home with no baby-sitter. I'm afraid of not living at home anymore period. It's that fear you have the night before you go off to college where you're sort of excited but completely terrified at the same time...except this time I'm doing it with two kids. I moved in here when I was 5 months pregnant with Isaac, which means I've never had my kids on my own without my mom or dad to play with Noah when Isaac is upset, or vice versa, or even just when I need a break. But it's not just that fear. I hate when things change at all--I like the status quo. Like when I had to take away Isaac's binks, or transition him to a bed, or potty-train him. Those things are hard for me. Getting used to sleeping in a new place, helping Isaac get used to his new bed (he loves his bed), getting Noah used to having his own room (and remembering to listen for him at night since I won't be able to hear him as well), trying to find my way around a completely new town, trying to make friends...it's just so much bother. The transition time where we don't have a phone or the internet, the time our first mortgage payment comes due....all this stuff is change and I hate it.
29 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I hear ya' sister! I've had non-stop butterflies since we moved out of our house. I think almost worse than the change is the waiting... it makes the process of the changes drag on and on...
But, you don't need to worry at all! You'll make lots of new friends and just think of me when you feel like you're far away from family... ugh, here come the butterflies again!
I know it's cliche, but you'll adjust. (: I remember when James told me he would be gone for 2 whole weeks, right after Jack was born. I was like, "How the HECK am I going to take care of a newborn and Caleb all by myself?? without any sleep? and for 2 weeks!?" But believe it or not, I think those 2 weeks forced me to be stronger than I even thought possible. Now, whenever James leaves for a few days, I'm like, "No big deal" I've done it many times before and I can do it.
Moving is no fun, any way you look at it. It sucks for everyone, (kids included) and starting from scratch is something everyone goes through after moving. But it needs to be done. (: It'll help you grow. I still don't really have someone I would call "my friend" (outside church aquaintences) here in Cumberland. IT's really sad, but at least you should have some girls/women your own age in your new ward. Be grateful for that. And Isaac should have kids his age as well. (Caleb doesn't have anyone his own age in his primary class)
Good luck! I know you can do it!
now i feel like a wus. holly moved from oregon to maryland and lynette's moving to CHILE. that's right, chile. her change is much bigger than mine. i guess i can handle it.
nah, it doesn't matter where you go, change is change, I think I cried HARDER when I moved 10 miles across town, than when I went to BYU
I used to HATE change and would get really anxious and shy. Not that I'm completely over it now, but it has gotten easier as I've been forced to move around (across the country)...I'll be thinking about you and hoping the move and finding new friends goes smoothly for you. Good luck!
Post a Comment