06 July 2007

Horseshoes

At Aspen Grove I found that the funnest things we did were the things that weren't planned. Dave had to work Monday and Tuesday so I had to tag along with people and find something fun to do. The kids were at their groups and we had all this free time. So after paintball on Monday we didn't have anything scheduled so Jared and Dave S. and I decided to play horseshoes. Jared is super competitive so of course it turns into a big competition. And then Delos showed up with ice cream...(Dad put money on an account and we could all just go into the store and get whatever we wanted and put it on his account) and then that was all I could think of.

Good distraction, Delos. So we played loser has to get the other team ice cream (not a great motivator, since it was already free). It was me and Jared against Dave S. and Delos. Here are a few shots of the action:

My first ringer!

Look at that form!

Delos got a ringer too. And look at my leaner. Doesn't get any better than that.


The competition was fierce. It was 20-20 (I think?) and it was between me and Dave S. to figure out the winner. Dave launched his first horseshoe...oooohh, about 4 feet away from the pole. He launches his second...ohhhhh, about 8 feet away from the pole. All I have to do is come anywhere close. I throw my first horseshoe and it's right next to the pole! We won! We won! Here are some shots of Jared celebrating with a single and then a double hawk.




Sara, CJ and Gym came to watch the fierce competition and James decided to try his own double hawk. It was a hilarious day.

I know what you're thinking. You have this many pictures of horseshoes? Well, first, to be honest, I'm a picture maniac. I filled up my 2 GB memory card last night. And second, yes! It was really fun!

4 comments:

Holly or James said...

That was the best post ever! That's what made the trip, then fun times the unplanned unrehearsed, pure unadulterated (i mean unkiderated) fun.
can't wait to go back...when are we going again?

Emily said...

who knows

Ammon said...

Where is the picture of you doing the "double hawk?"

Emily said...

right...so not going to happen!