05 July 2007

4th of July

For Independence Day our family went with Delos's family and Mom and Dad downtown to a Salt Lake Bee's baseball game. I waited in line for at least an hour for a hot dog and snow cone...nobody cared about the game, all they wanted was food and fireworks.


Everyone seemed to really enjoy the snowcones, especially Delos. Look at that smile!



It worked out perfectly because the Bees were ahead in the 9th inning but the other team hit a home run to tie it. We thought for sure it would go to extra innings but a run was scored in the bottom of the 9th for our win. It was just about dark so it was time for fireworks! Our section of seats was apparently in the "danger zone" so they opened up the baseball field for us to go lay on to watch the fireworks. Here we are waiting for the show to start:


It was a lot of fun, and I can't believe how good my kids were. Noah loved it. I tried covering his ears at first so he wouldn't be scared, but after a while he was pushing my hands away, trying to reach the fireworks! I have the cutest kids.


Dave and Isaac rode Trax back to 53rd South so I drove back and waited for them for over half an hour in the parking lot. Luckily Noah was asleep and I had a book to read. We got home at 11:30 pm. It is very unlike me to keep my kids out that late, but now I'm glad I did because we had a great time. Happy 4th of July!


For some reason Noah didn't want to sit on the blanket and kept scooting it out of his way to feel the grass. That was some of the softest grass I've ever felt.

2 comments:

Holly or James said...

cute noah. sounds like a real party

Ammon said...

Looks like your fourth was fun and festive!