15 June 2007

Primary help

I'm doing sharing time on Sunday and it's about the Holy Ghost. I have been trying so hard to think of a good story from my own life about a time I was guided by the Holy Ghost--for some reason all I can think of are times I've found something that I had lost....but I told a story like that in a sharing time just a few months ago. So, does anyone have a really good (true) story about a time they were prompted by the Holy Ghost to do or not do something they would be willing to share? Kept from danger? Comforted? Guarded? Anything? Sharing time is in 2 days, so any comments will be much appreciated! Maybe I should just do a Father's day lesson and call it good...

3 comments:

Sara said...

It has to be true? Fudge - can't think of any good ones for you.

What about the time dad was given driving directions to the new bishop's house (or something like that) even though he had never been there before? Ask him about it - I heard the story YEARS ago.

Our R.S. Pres. had an experience last week where she was prompted to go to the grocery and she kept "arguing" with it and finally just decided to go and then was prompted to go to a store that she never goes to and "argued" with it again but finally just gave in and went there and as she walked in, she saw a girl who's very new to our ward and she said hello to the girl and called her by name and the girl just started bawling. She couldn't believe that Lori even knew her name but she had gone to the store hoping to see Lori because she had just miscarried and was really distraught and didn't know what to do and she said she knew if she went to that store, she would see Lori there. Crazy eh? That was definite guidance.

Emily said...

HOLY! i love stories like that. wish i had some of my own.

Emily said...

(i probably would if i listened better)