Having grown up without pets, I've never been fond of animals in general. I like to go to the zoo, for example, but I would never want to touch a zebra. Living at Mom and Dad's is fun because they get deer in the backyard, so they're fun to look at. There was even a fox back there once. But lately, the best has been the baby squirrels. The past few summers there has been a lone squirrel back there, living in the rocks.
This spring the squirrel had babies--five of them! They are so cute to watch, and they even eat out of our next-door neighbor's hand. So a few minutes ago I was watching the squirrels play and saw a cat crouching on the rocks. I thought, "hmmm, what's that cat doing crouched like that?" then all of a sudden, POUNCE! It got one. A baby went scrambling down the rocks and into a little hole where they hide underneath a rock. The cat made sure the squirrel was dead, then carried it off in its mouth, I presume, to eat it. It was disgusting. I don't know if it was a baby or the mom, but it looked pretty big. Now there's a squirrel crying out there--literally. I didn't know squirrels made noise, but we can see it sitting in its little hole making a chirping noise--it sounds like a very loud bird--because he's so sad about his mom. The thing that stinks is that this cat had a collar; it's just a common house cat that gets fed its regular meals every day. Why did it need to kill that poor squirrel? Mom is glad the squirrel is gone because she thinks it's disgusting that they're out there. I guess maybe it is, but still, I hate cats.
Here's a video of the poor crying squirrel:
16 June 2007
I hate cats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
those cats are good hunters! poor little babies, hope they survive.
Post a Comment