30 April 2007

tulip festival

The Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival
It's Spring and the Tulip Festival is here !
I took 93 pictures, so consider yourselves lucky that you're only getting 12 pictures here!
This is seriously one of the most beautiful places in the world. Of course I've never been to Europe or anywhere really, but still, it has to be.
The boys taking a break by the river

I needed a break too! This place is HUGE. There had to be millions of tulips.

Isaac had fun running up and down the mock Spanish steps while Grandma fed Noah some baby food.

The only picture we could get of Grandma (in the Secret Garden, our favorite place)


Me and the boys in the Secret Garden


The coolest thing--you can't really tell because of the big bush in the way, but this is called the butterfly garden. You can sort of see the right wing is hidden but you can see the left wing better. Sooo cool.

Pretty! I wish Dave and I had taken our engagement pictures here. Maybe our next family picture?

I couldn't get Isaac to look at the camera if I paid him a million dollars.

Isaac ran down this gigantic hill right as we were about to leave. Of course he refused to walk up it so I had to go get him. A pleasure, especially after walking for hours through this monstrous garden.
I guess the boys are worn out! (us too)




It was such a beautiful day and we had tons of fun. There were a lot of people there this year. The first year we went mom and I were literally the only people there--granted it was raining, but still, the secret garden is much cooler when you're the only one in it, instead of standing in line to get inside! We still had a great time and I can't wait 'til next year's festival!

7 comments:

Ammon said...

Tulips are my all-time FAVORITE flowers! This must have been like dying and going to heaven!

By the way, love your bangs!

Holly or James said...

Pretty pictures, Emily! I especially like the one of the boys sitting together. That Noah is so cute! I think Noah, Jack, and Rachel all look alike. (:

I like the last picture of the tulip! So professional looking!

ellen said...

cute bangs, I'll copy you this saturday

christina said...

Beautiful pictures...I also love the picture of your boys together, so cute!

Emily said...

thanks--the bangs were sort of an accident, but i'm getting used to them. tulips are my favorite too, that's why this is the best time of year!

Jessica said...

i can't believe how long your hair is! i love tulips too. we planted some last year but they all died before they blossomed because it was way too hot. so i didn't plant them this year but i had 2 bloom from last year! they were so pretty i wish i had a tulip secret garden in my backyard!

Emily said...

i just cut off 1 or 2 inches, too!