From Delos:
Good news...last night the NBA skills competition people were in Draper, so we took Austin down. Man there were piles of kids there. It's a timed course,
you run and hit a layup, dribble to FT line and take a shot there (if you miss any of your shots you can shoot 2 more times, you just move on if you miss
3 times), then you dribbled through some cones, pass to a guy (who passes it back) at half-court, then sprint through some more cones and hit one last
layup. Well, Austin won the whole competition, had the best time (25.8 seconds including a 2 second bogus penalty because they though his toe might have
been off a circle when he received he pass back from the guy at 1/2 court) and now moves on to state. I could see the key was hitting your FT on the first
try, so I told him to take his time, not rush it too fast, and he was one of only maybe a dozen kids that hit the FT first try. Very fun. He'll be in the
Draper paper next week. He got a McD's gift certificate along with his ribbon and a certificate. I also got McD's certificate because I was the person at
half-court making the passes back to the kids...and I never missed a pass!Congratulations, Austin!

6 comments:
I bet I could have worked those 11 year olds!
-gym
very cool! Great job Austin! You rock
I bet not, Gym.
Nice! You too, delos. you totallly deserve your ribbon.
A little late reading this, but what fun and a great blue ribbon! Let us know when it get's in the paper.
Thanks!
Post a Comment