We know that several modern prophets, beginning with Brigham Young have prophecied that the day would come when Temples would "dot the earth". Yet there have been many periods of history when there have been none on the face of the earth. Anciently we know of one, Solomon's temple. And, when Christ came to earth there was still only one - in Jerusalem - and Christ regarded it as His own (Matt 21:12-13) and His Father's (John 2:14).
Even in modern times, though I'm not terribly ancient (my children will argue about that), I remember clearly from my youth that there were only 8 in all the earth.
And now! I can walk out my front door, and there are three within my view.


And, within a half-hour drive I can be at three more.

Sometimes I forget what truly remarkable times we live in!


3 comments:
It is AMAZING. I love it. I especially love that I got to get married in the temple in Albuquerque, which I never expected to do in my whole life. And it's nice that I can drive to either Ogden or Bountiful to go to a temple, and they're both so close. We're soo lucky. Now that Dave has Fridays off we're taking turns and going every other week. That's the most I've gone in my whole life. It's awesome.
I can't wait to go through the open house next week.
-gym
Very true. I love me some temples!!!
Post a Comment