It has been such a great fall, I decided I needed to take another hike before the snow sets in. I thought it might be a little cold at 8,000 to 9,000 feet so I took a coat and sweatshirt. Well, I didn't need either. It was about 75 degrees at 9000 ft. Warmer than it was in SLC. Must be an inversion?
Anyway, I drove to Brighton and walked around Silver Lake, then hiked to Lake Solitude (Pond?) - only about 1 mile away and a 300 foot elevation change. Pretty easy hike, but it was very pleasant. The aspens have lost all their leaves by this time at this elevation.
Silver Lake (at Brighton) There is a nice boardwalk around this lake so you could take your kids and walk around it in about 30 minutes.
(On the shady side of this lake there was ice and slush in the water)
Lake Solitude (about 9000 ft elevation)
There was snow in the shade along the edge of Lake Solitude, which was pretty amazing since it was in the 70's.

4 comments:
It looks really pretty up there. I always say I should do that in the summer, but then the summer comes and I never do.
does anyone ever go with you on these hikes?
Nope. I go by myself.
Bahamas is SO much better!!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's way warmer!!!
Post a Comment