12 May 2008

Mother's Day and Is it Spring Yet?

During our Mother's Day gathering, Emily asked me to take a picture of this tree in our side yard. So, I did so this morning. Maybe we are just trying to believe that spring has really arrived in Utah. It was nearly 80 degrees on Mother's Day but it will be lucky to get to 50 today. At least the showers today are rain and not snow.


The flowers between the rocks in our backyard keep trying to come out also. Still struggling a little. And a deer walked through our backyard this morning with new "fuzzy antlers". It has to be spring, right?

We did have a great Mother's Day Feast. Carma fixed turkey with all the trimings for the mothers in our family (including herself - she did not want to risk what I might have fixed!) who were close enough to come (Dave and Emily, and Delos and Misty, and their families). It was a great gathering - sorry we didn't take pictures, but everything was wonderful including the apple, banana creme, and chocolate pie. Delos, Misty and family got here just in time for the "feast" driving in from St. George where they had stayed with Ellen and Jared and Misty had participated in the St. George triathlon.

7 comments:

ellen said...

So pretty! I can't believe mom made all that for her own mother's day, sad.

Emily said...

Before you judge me everyone, I want you to know that I offered to fix dinner about ten times and mom refused every time. She had this planned and WANTED to make it.

Thanks for taking that picture Dad, I look forward to that tree blooming every spring!

Peg said...

Sounds like you had a great time and a wonderful meal! How did everyone do in the triathlon?

Holly or James said...

Happy Mom's day. Dad, you should post more often!
-gym

Sara said...

I am very sad to have missed that mother's day dinner! Great pictures and post dad. Hopefully is will warm up a little bit more soon. And have fun in Albuquerque. I want to take Hannah to the baptism SO bad! Anyone have any Southwest miles they want to donate to me???

Emily said...

We have two $99 companion tickets on delta, want one?

It's supposed to be 86 today, so it's definitely warming up!

Sara said...

Em, yes I do want one although to pay for one fare to Albuquerque on Delta is over $600...can you believe that? I could buy two tickets on Southwest for just over $500. Fudge.