01 March 2008

Hard lesson learned

Hannah learned a hard lesson this morning. We just got back from the store where we had gone so she could spend her birthday money. Before we left, she put some aside for tithing and savings and off we went with $23 in her little hand. We wandered all through the store and she picked a toy but when we went to pay, her money was nowhere to be found. We spent lots of time searching the aisles and we asked all the employees if any cash had been turned in (yeah, right) but no luck. We left our name and phone number at the front desk and left, with LOTS of tears, empty-handed. What a rough lesson. I'm kicking myself for not carrying the money for her - what was I thinking letting her carry it herself? But, I guess we learn from our mistakes eh?

2 comments:

Emily said...

oh, MAJOR bummer! i wonder where she left it? poor kid.

Ammon said...

I'll never forget the first time I took my babysitting money to school (I don't remember why). It was stolen and it was the worst feeling ever! Poor kid.