22 January 2008

Yummy!

Anyone want to try a new salad? I went to my friend's house a few weeks ago and she served the yummiest lunch! It's really easy too. I made it last week and I'm loving it so I thought I would pass it along. If I host Bunco night anytime soon, this is what I'm fixin' for dinner.



First of all, this is a COPY of a Nordstrom Cafe salad, so that's where you get the dressing. It's $4.50 for a bottle and it's called "Dark Cherry Balsamic" and it's SSOOOO good! If you can't get to a Nordstrom, I've seen other raspberry vinagrettes at the grocery store which may be fine. Anyway, you buy the "spring mix" salad in a bag or container from the grocery store, add dried cherries, a ripe pear (I left the skin on, just cored and diced it), and candied pecans. Here's the recipe I used for the pecans but this one sounds good too. Then pour on the dressing and pig out! The Nordstrom salad also adds blue cheese but I'm not a huge fan so I left that out. DE-LISH!

By the way, Happy Birthday Ellen! I keep trying to call you but you're line has been nusy for HOURS! Love you!

3 comments:

Emily said...

nusy, huh? i got through finally! salad looks yummy.

ellen said...

yucky, I kept wondering when you going to call back, heh heh

Ammon said...

Yum! You're making me hungry! Do you buy the dressing at the Nordstorms in the Galleria?