CJ and I originally had a trip to Mexico planned for last week. We wanted to celebrate our 10th anniversary that had come and gone last March. However, we spent all of our "Mexico Money" buying a new washer and dryer at the beginning of Dec. so instead, we spent the weekend in San Marcos, TX. It's about 45 minutes south of Austin and had a lot to offer. We started off canoeing down the San Marcos river on Fri. morning. It was beautiful! I've never seen such clean, clear water in a river before - you could see all the way to the bottom almost the whole way. We saw tons of fish, turtles and even a big owl up in a tree that watched us paddle by. The weather was great - sunny and warm - in the low 70's.
After the canoe trip, we ate a big lunch at Red Lobster and it was so yummy! We also stopped by the HUGE outlet malls just to check them out. There are two and there are tons of fun stores.
Then, CJ talked me into seeing "I am Legend" at the local theater. It was so scary! I felt pretty brave after it ended but I haven't slept much for the past three nights, so if you haven't seen it yet, my advice is to keep it that way. Unless you really like to be scared - which I don't. I'm pretty sure the bathroom light will remain on at night for the next month or so. CJ can't believe it scared me that bad and in the light of day it doesn't seem THAT scary but nights are not so good...
Saturday, we ate lunch at Red Robin and had the best food I've eaten in a long time. We shared mud pie for dessert and it was pure heaven. What does it say about me that the best part of the weekend was the great food we ate??? We also looked at a Toyota dealership and spent an hour or two looking at campers. CJ continues to dream...
We spent the rest of the day at the outlets. They had a Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware outlet that I loved! And then Gap, Banana Republic, J.Crew, etc. I got a cute skirt at J.Crew but CJ definitely won the "biggest spender" prize. He found lots of great deals! It was a fun weekend so thanks to G&G W for watching the kids so we could get away!
14 January 2008
Our weekend getaway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've never been to San Marcos, but I've always heard good things. Weekends away are the best.
Sounds so fun! I've been to San Marcos but I definitely didn't do any of that fun stuff.
i went to san marcos with my cheerleading squad, we did six flags and sea world. loads of fun. looks like you had a great time! i'm jealous.
heaven. i want a camper too!
-gym
Post a Comment