We spent a couple of hours on Saturday at Brazos Bend State Park. We've been there a few times before and the kids love it - especially the nature center. This is a baby alligator that was rescued in the park. 32 eggs were taken from a nest that had become infested with fire ants and 28 baby alligators hatched a few weeks later - this is one of them.
Here's a picture of a rattlesnake. Rachel loved it and was going crazy trying to touch it.
Later on, we drove to 40 acre lake to take a walk and look at what we saw just feet away from us! This alligator was honestly about 10 feet away when CJ noticed it just off the path to our right. We saw a second one later on but it was smaller.
Later that night, we put Rachel to bed and had a babysitter come over so we could celebrate our friend's 40th birthday. His wife surprised him with a party at LaserQuest and we played two 20 minute games. It was so much fun! The room we were in was huge - two levels and lots of hiding spots and we all got code names (my friend Lori chose "Jacky Bauer" - ha ha!). Afterwards, we had cake in a party room. It was a fun date!
And the time change yesterday really messed Rachel up! Who knew the time falling back an hour would affect her sleep and naps so much? BTW, when do most babies switch from 2 naps a day to 1? How did YOU spend the weekend?
05 November 2007
Our weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
well I didn't spend it doing fun stuff like that, that's for sure. It seems like my kids go from 2 to 1 naps between 12-15 months.
Rachel only wants to nap once a day but I don't think she's quite ready yet - she's a monster by about 5 pm. I just want her to take one more short nap later in the day (she napped this morning from 10-11) but she refuses. I forgot how much I hate this transition.
noah has been down to one nap for about 2 months, but it has just recently turned into a real nap. it's previously been about 20-30 minutes and he goes to bed between 6:30 and 7. just a few days ago he started sleeping for an hour and a half from like 1-2:30, thank goodness. it's awful. our weekend...i went grocery shopping, finished hp#5, dave went to a high school football playoffs game, that's it.
THat's so funny that you say that, cause Jack has been waking up a lot at night crying for reasons we can't figure out. Maybe it's the time change thing. He was ready for his first nap at 8:30 this morning instead of 9:30 and has just been really grumpy. We also think he's really sad and "messed up" cause I was gone for 2 whole days this last weekend. The longest I've been gone from him since he was born.
Jack is still taking 2 naps a day. He actually just went from 3 to 2 naps within the last few months. I think it'll be a while before he's ready to just have one nap.
3 to 2? insane! noah barely took three naps when he was a newborn!
Rachel's been doing 2 naps for a long time - prolly about 6 months. She actually ended up taking 2 yesterday but the second one was from 5:15 pm until about 5:40. CJ thought I should just keep her up but I could NOT - she was a total wreck. Anyway, she napped this morning at 9 for almost 2 hours (she woke up just before 6 - ugh!) so who know's if she'll nap again today or not. I just know she'll be TIRED as death by bedtime. This napping business is crazy! I just like it better when she's kind of on a schedule so my day can be planned a little bit and be a little more predictable...
Post a Comment