06 November 2007

Bug bite???

Like I mentioned in my last post. we spent time at a State Park over the weekend and Hannah ended up with a few mosquito bites. I noticed a bite on Charlie's wrist on Sunday morning but I'm beginning to realize this is no mosquito bite. It kept swelling and swelling on Sunday and it seems to itch him like crazy. Anyway, it wasn't until I looked at it this morning that I started to worry. What on earth did this?
I don't know how well you can tell from the picture but the redness is spreading and is really deep in his skin. Is it infected? It's definitely worse than it was yesterday. There's a little boy in our ward who's in the hospital with a staph infection in his leg (the kind that's antibiotic-resistant) and he's had 2 surgeries and will have at least 8 weeks of IV antibiotics when he gets home. Maybe that's what making me so paranoid. Am I crazy to take him to the Dr.?

8 comments:

Peg said...

Take him...Better safe than sorry!

ellen said...

I say take him. The fews times my kids (well abby) has had things like that they were things that needed attention.

Anonymous said...

It is never crazy to take a child to the doctor when you are concerned.

I would go in for that...

Emily said...

definitely go. yikes.

Sara said...

Dr, said it looks like an allergic reaction to whatever bit him but he prescribed an antibiotic ointment and told me to keep in touch. He said to watch for the redness to spread (especially up his arm) and to feel it for warmth or a hard bump. Anyway, I guess at least now I know...

Holly or James said...

shoulda stayed home and waited it out!

Emily said...

hey sara, did you forget your husband is a doctor?

Holly or James said...

I bet it was that alligator in the pix below that bit him! (: