So, with my dining room done, I'm on to my next project. I decided that I wanted shelves above our "computer niche" which is upstairs in the hallway between Hannah and Charlie's bedrooms. I really like this space, but we don't use it much so I was hoping the shelves would make it both more functional and more attractive. We debated asking my dad to fly out and do it but I decided to look into contractors first. So I called around, got a few bids and 1 week and $150 later, voila! We now have shelves above our computer niche! As you can see, the shelves are nothing special, but it was fun to be able to put a lot of our books and stuff on them. Now, I'm looking for chairs to go there as well...
I'm kind of liking this one from Ikea. I'm wondering if it looks a little too modern for my house though. It comes in several colors and is pretty inexpensive - which is a big plus since we need two. Any opinions or ideas? Once the chairs are purchased, I'm trying to decide what to do next: my bedroom and bathroom (which is a BIG job, will be expensive and take quite a bit of time) or Charlie's room (mostly painting and re-organizing). Stay tuned!
25 September 2007
My latest home improvement project...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
We bought our chairs from Office Depot and they must have been on sale. I just checked and the ones we bought were way more than we spent on them. The shelves look great! Can't wait to see the rest of the house!
Sara,
You live in Texas right? I lived in Katy (now Chile.) We bought our office chair from Garden Ridge. We got one of their brown "leather" chairs that are actually for a dining room set, but I thought it worked with our office (they also come in a "suede.") Plus, it was cheap (gotta love Garden Ridge), but I do like this one from IKEA...especially for kids!
ooh, what's garden ridge? cool! love the shelves. pretty cheap, too.
Garden Ridge is kind of like Hobby Lobby or Michael's - a little different though. If you read this Lynette, how are you liking Chile and when you lived in Katy, did you ever shop at World Market? I love that store...
Hello, Sara!
Yes, so far I'm loving Chile, but I'm so dizzy and nauseous! Apparently it's normal because my body is trying to adjust to the altitude. In Houston we are at about 13 feet, here in Chile we're at 7,000 feet--big difference!
Yes, I loved World Market! They had really cool furniture for pretty cheap I thought. Awwww, now I'm missing Texas and all the cool places to shop. Maybe once I get a little more acquainted with Antofagasta I'll post about cool shopping places here.
Oh, and if you're anything like me, I'd do Charlie's room before trying to tackle my own...that way it's one more thing I can scratch off my list!
maybe you'r pregnant!
Nope! But, maybe soon!!!
Post a Comment