Well people, I need to vent tonight and since my husband is out of town, I guess the blog will have to suffice. Even though Delos thinks SINUS INFECTIONS ARE FAKE, I have one - a bad one. One that 3 weeks and 10 days of antibiotics didn't touch. According to my Doctor (who called me this afternoon) this is not unusual. Apparently, the sinuses are not well supplied by blood vessels which means that antibiotics, travelling via the blood, are sometimes less effective. What it all boils down to for me is that I have now been sick for 22 days. And I'm sick of it. My head really hurts and I cough until I gag and I haven't had a good night's sleep for WAY too long and my family is tired of me being tired and sick and grouchy. Tomorrow morning after I drop my kids off, I will pick up my next round of antibiotics (and hope that they don't make me as queasy and dizzy as the last ones did) and some cough medicine with codeine and I will hopefully start sleeping again and start feeling better soon.
24 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ugh. How miserable! Maybe try acupuncture--it can totally help with that. Hope you feel better. (I'm Dave Foley's sister-in-law). :)
maybe you should get some sinus surgery!
I had a sinus infection last year (they are not fake). No fun! I can't imagine having to deal with taking care of kids too! Sorry. Hope you get well soon.
Totally not fake! They are terrible and I feel so bad for you! Want me to come take care of you Or just go take care of Delos?
I would love it if you could do both please! Hahahaha!
What is wrong with Delos? Fake? I think not...
delos thinks anything my dad didn't tell him or anything he hasn't experienced himself isn't real/doesn't exist. wacko. hope you feel better, sara!
here's a direct quote from delos's email about it: "at least that message proves that sinus infections are super fake! if it was a real bacterial infection, no way no how it takes antibiotics 8 days to have an effect. but I know it makes people feel better when they take meds...."
Post a Comment