Well, here in Texas, we're anxiously awaiting tomorrow's highly anticipated "High School Musical 2." We're having a party (pizza, carmel popcorn...) and wish we had some family nearby to invite. We've been watching the first one to get ourselves in the mood.
Meanwhile, Erin was downgraded to a "tropical depression" and is DUMPING rain on us today- we could get up to 10 inches! There's a near-constant rumbling of thunder and it's just pouring so it looks like we'll stay home today although I'm starting to panic about Hannah's lack of decent school shoes. I may have to order some online and just be done with it. Click below to see my top choice (although the price is obviously a factor...) http://www.skechers.com/catalog/browse.do?function=displayProductList&gender=G&catId=-1&index=0&viewAll=true&sort=popular&prodId=21953&styleCode=82645
And Dean is picking up steam and was upgraded to a hurricane overnight when it reached 74+ mph winds. We're keeping an eye on it mostly because Hannah is obsessed with hurricanes. Right now it's threatening the Caribbean but it could head into the Gulf where we would definitely want to know where it heads or makes landfall. Who knows? Maybe we'll be evacuating next week... although CJ is quick to remind me that even if Houston experienced a direct hit from a category 5 hurricane, we do not live in a mandatory evacuation zone. So maybe I'll be evacuating with the kids, while he sticks around to brave the storm... I also had to include this picture of Rachel taken Sun. morning before church. I was getting some things ready for the church bag and she grabbed this apple and started chewing on it. It was so cute!
And last but not least, Hannah started piano lessons on Tuesday morning and is so excited she can hardly stand it. She LOVES to practice (let's all hope that lasts!) and is eagerly waiting for school to start. She had a date with mom on Saturday and chose to go to the dollar store and get a haircut. She told the beautician she wanted her hair "as short as her ears." So while I sat there watching, I realized I am a true child of the 80's with an irrational love for long hair. I wouldn't have asked for her hair to be that short, but she LOVES it and she's received lots of compliments over the past few days. She's really growing up.
And that's the latest from Texas! See ya'll later!
16 August 2007
Update from Texas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Super cute shoes, hair cut and way super cute kids!
I can't believe you let her cut it!! But it is cute. Abby's hair is so much cuter short but I can't bear to cut it.
Looks like party time in texas!
Looks like party time in texas!
That Rachel is just so cute! Hey, if we lived closer we would DEFINITELY come join your High School Musical 2 party AND I could be Hannah's piano teacher. (: Let's hope you don't get blown away by any hurricanes. (:
-Holly
love those shoes. i want to cut my hair short like hannah's! i wanted to watch hsm2 but dave wanted to watch the high school football game on kjzz. take a wild guess on who won out. (dave).
Post a Comment