18 July 2007

I'm a sucker for fall fashion



It's the hottest summer on record in Utah. We've broken heat records 7 days in July. It was 105 yesterday...107 in St. George...106 in Phoenix. Seriously? We're as hot as Phoenix? Come on. Anyway, last night I was at the mall buying some shoes for Sara and I discovered that most stores have their fall stuff now. And for some reason, I can't resist it. It's long sleeves, awesome colors, cool sweaters, pretty twinsets, and I have to have it all. Even if it's 105 outside. And I want to buy it right now. I can't wait until September when it actually starts cooling off a little, and all of this stuff is on sale...I must pay full price and have it now. Of course I didn't buy anything, what with the mortgage payment and all, but the point is I wanted to. I've always been this way. Mom would buy me school clothes and I would have to wear my new outfit the first day of school. Nevermind that it was a sweater and leggings or some other such '80s nonsense...and it was August. And the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts on July 20th...all those fall clothes at reduced prices...it's hard to resist, I tell ya. Am I the only one who's this crazy?


I also found the perfect sheets for our new bed at Macy's last night. They are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton...and ONE KING SIZE SHEET (not sheet set mind you, but ONE SHEET) is $175. Dave said no. Big surprise there. They are the softest sheets I have ever felt. Incredible. And oh, online they're on sale for $129.99! I better get 'em! Somebody convince Dave!

7 comments:

Peg said...

You should check either Overstock.com or Ebay. That's where we got ours and they are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Twinsets? seriously? I find them uncomfortable.
I'm with you on the sheets though.

Ammon said...

(cough, cough!) $175 for a sheet... sorry Em, I'm with Dave!
Oh, by the way, it's only 81 degrees in Houston today!

Emily said...

seriously lynette, they are the softest sheets EVER. but no, i would never actually pay that much for a sheet. unless i was very very rich. and yes debbie, i love twinsets! mostly because i hate my arms so cardigans cover up my terrible arms.

Holly or James said...

we got 600TC sheets egyptian cotton from smartbargains.com and only paid $50 with no S&H. they are the softest sheets we've ever had right out of the bag! look for deals, and until you understand what it's like to have a mortgage payment stay AWAY from Nordstrom!
-james

Em said...

Looks like you're a JCrew lady?

Good sheets are so worth it. I'll have to agree that $175 might be a tad much though.

Emily said...

I love J.Crew. And yes, you're right about the sheets. Everyone has talked me down now. Thanks, guys.