09 June 2007

Snips and Snails...



We played outside in the sprinklers a few days ago while Grandpa was doing yard work. Grandpa found a snail and brought it over to Isaac, who was totally fascinated. He held it forever and then would put it down and watch it move for a while, then pick it back up. I stopped paying attention after a while, then looked back and realized Isaac was trying to write on the sidewalk with the snail. I'm pretty sure he killed it. In a pretty horrible way. But, it was fun while it lasted! I told Isaac to be very careful with animals. I hope this isn't a sign that he's going to be a serial killer.


Here's Noah trying to get out of the stroller. He can't wait for the day that he can walk and run in the sprinklers with his brother!

5 comments:

Holly or James said...

write with him? hilarious! did he think he was sidewalk chalk?
jack wants to run around with caleb too but for now he'll just have to ride on dad's back.
-james

Emily said...

yeah, it was so gross, there was snail remains all over the sidewalk.

Sara said...

hi-larious. Little kids are seriously so wierd sometimes...I am constantly wondering how my kids come up with stuff. Not that Isaac is weird Em, I just mean that kids do stuff that seems so random like, you know, trying to write with snails. I wish I could get inside a kid's brain sometimes. maybe then I would understand them a little better...

Jessica said...

so gross...i am NOT looking forward to Carter playing with bugs!

Emily said...

Sara, try not to insult my kids, all right? heh heh heh...

Isaac doesn't really like bugs much, so it surprised me how interested he was in the snail. I won't touch them, even the shell, but he was all over it. Gross.