Well, with Rachel being sick, we haven't done much lately except for Hannah and Charlie's daily swimming lessons. We went to our neighborhood pool last night and you wouldn't BELIEVE what a swimmer Hannah has turned into - she is a FISH! Face in the water and really swimming. It was awesome and makes me feel much more confident about toting all 3 to the pool by myself. I'm excited about our teacher and how much improvement I'm seeing after only 4 lessons! Huge bonus - this teacher is charging $35 for 10 lessons and the place I originally had them signed up was $125.
So, now that Rachel is feeling a little better, we ventured to the Museum of Fine Arts after swimming this morning. I had serious doubts about taking 3 little ones to the art museum, but it was a success - mostly! These are a few of the pictures we actually saw.
I don't know ANYTHING about art except that I really enjoyed being there today. The paintings were amazing and it was fun to look at them and see what the kids looked at and liked. Hannah seemed a little distracted by a few sculptures (is that spelled right?) we saw walking through - can anyone guess why???
They have this cool "story-time" for kids where a docent walks a small group of kids to a painting and then asks them questions about it and then they talk about the artist a little bit. Our first painting was a Monet and then we read a kids' storybook about him and it was very cute. After that, my kids were sort of done so we skipped the rest of Storytime but I'm telling you, I'm tempted to go back just for me. I loved it!
This painting is at the MFAH but it was closed today so I'm excited to go back and see it. After Storytime, we went to the "Creation Station" and Hannah painted a watercolor for us to take home. It was pretty cute but unfortunately looked nothing like any of the things we saw in the museum today. We were only there for an hour and 15 minutes and had a great time. Bonus - it was free day so we only had to pay $3 for parking!
07 June 2007
More Summer Fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sara's becoming quite the blogger.
very good post! cute!
Wow, you guys are already having so much fun! I feel like our summer hasn't really started yet. Jenna loves hearing about and seeing what Hannah is up to.
I so miss living in a city with things to actually DO. Looks very fun, wish we could go with you
Post a Comment