Sunday night we were eating dinner outside and Austin came out to inform us that nothing but the phone in Grandpa's office (the only non-cordless) was working (meaning, no TV so he could watch Hannah Montana).
The power was out for about 4 hours, one of the longest blackouts I've been in that I can remember. We put Noah down for bed around 7, and then the party started! We lit candles--Isaac's FAVORITE thing in the world--and played a little Crazy Snake (you wind this weird McDonald's toy up and it just goes...it's so weird, there is no rhyme or reason to its direction. This is Isaac's favorite game but I get so sick of chasing after the snake and putting it back up on the counter)....Anyway, my flash is better than I thought so it actually doesn't look that dark, but it was seriously pitch black. So here's a little Crazy Snake...

Then Isaac had a candlelight bath. That was a HUGE hit. We'll have to try this when he refuses to do a bath some nights...
Then when he went to bed, Dave and I played Phase 10 in the candlelight.
After less than one phase though, we could hear the ceiling fan start turning, so we turned on the lights and finished...but we only played 5 phases. Dave won. What I learned from the blackout? I love electricity. And it's HOT upstairs with no A/C.



2 comments:
one of holly's friends recommended Mull's book to me last week...weird!
the blackout sounds like a real party
-james
(start with #1, not the #2 that i have over on the side)
Post a Comment