01 June 2007

I love Noah




Noah is so cool.

Here are a few reasons why I love Noah:


  • When he's really happy he smacks his arms up and down. If your face happens to be anywhere near his hands, watch out. He slaps hard. It's very cute.

  • If I'm holding him on my left hip (which is always), he has the sleeve of my shirt in his mouth. It's his favorite thing to chew on.

  • He can move the walker like nobody's business.

  • He's very resourceful. He was in the stroller in the garage today but too far away to touch Grandpa's truck. So he scooted it over by rocking his body back and forth until he could reach it. He did the same thing in the swing at the park today when I stopped pushing him.

  • He loves sharing his binky. He takes a binky, period.

  • If Isaac is bothering him, he bothers Isaac right back.

  • He loves Isaac more than anybody in the whole world. He is a much happier kid when Isaac is around.

  • He loves food. Any and all food. If we're eating, he needs to be eating too.

  • He's so chubby! I love his chubbiness. Especially in his cheeks. I love to squeeze his fat rolls on his legs and make him laugh.

  • He won't crawl on his tummy, but he will crawl on his back. He just arches his back and pushes off the floor with his feet and gets where he needs to go. He mostly does this when he is very mad.

  • I love it when he talks. He started saying mama a little yesterday and was very proud of himself. To get my attention he'll start going "dadadadadada" and when I look over he smiles and smiles. It's awesome.

  • His fake laugh. He has an awesome real laugh, but he does a pretty good fake one too. He'll do it to get your attention, or he'll do it when everybody else is laughing and he doesn't know why. It's like a literal "huh huh huh huh". He sounds like a goofball. So cute.

  • He's very aggressive. He likes to shake, move, and knock things over either to show his own strength or maybe just to see what happens, but it's very aggressive behavior to me.

  • He likes kisses. When he's tired or sad, he'll lean his head into my mouth so I'll kiss it. Then he'll do it over and over and over so I have to kiss him over and over and over. He's been doing it for a while and I love it. I can say "bonkabonkabonkabonk!" and he'll do it then too. Hilarious.

  • He is very determined. When he wants something, he works and works until he gets it. He was super hungry yesterday so I put him in the high chair and started feeding him. Then he noticed the seatbelt on the high chair and could not do anything else until he got it in his mouth. It took a very long time, but he finally did it and was very proud of himself. Then he finished eating.

  • His weird head-rubbing thing. I think he likes the way things feel on his head, because if anything is up against it, he starts shaking his head vigorously back and forth (like he's saying no). I've tried getting it on video to show but haven't been successful yet. It's hilarious.

I'm sure there are lots more reasons why Noah is cool. I can't wait to find them all out!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I had to do this post today to remind myself that I really do like Noah. I think he's teething (is it possible to teethe for three months?!) and I'm at the end of my rope with this kid. But then I think about all the cool things he does when he's not crying and fussing and I remember that I really do like him...and I can make it through days/weeks/months like this.

ellen said...

very cute post, p.s. if gym is jewish why does he read the koran?

Holly or James said...

Noah sounds a lot like JAck. Whenever Jack gets excited he swings his arms up and down. Sometimes I wonder if he tries to hit my face on purpose. (: Jack won't crawl on his tummy either. He loves to move around in his crib though. He'll arch his back and bounce up and down like that to get from point A to point B.

I actually think Noah and Jack look alike. (:

Emily said...

I thought the koran was just the first 5 books of the bible?

ellen said...

no that's the pentateuch, the koran is what islam uses

Emily said...

or is it the torah?

ellen said...

torah=pentateuch

Emily said...

i guess my mistake makes that spotlight even more hi-larious