27 May 2007

We're done with binks!



Isaac is officially done with binkies. It was a sad day (I cried!) but I'm so glad now. I decided to not do it to him on his birthday and wait until we were home and re-settled. So Monday (May 21, 2007) we had Family Home Evening about how Heavenly Father gives us rules so we'll be happier in the long run, and then talked about how Mom and Dad have rules for Isaac that will make him happier too. One of those rules was no more binkies when you're 3, so that he won't have bad teeth (too late) and he won't get teased for having a bink when he's 10). He seemed to think that was okay, then we went over to the trash and had him throw his last one away. We said "Bye-bye Binky, I love you, I'll miss you!" He thought it was funny until I wouldn't let him reach in and pull it back out of the trash. Then he got very sad. I did too. It made me so sad for him! It's the only "security blanket" thing he has. It's the one thing I knew would cheer him up when he was sad or hurt or upset. It was another reminder to me that my baby is not a baby anymore. Poor Isaac. He's been mostly fine since then though. He asks for it occassionally when he's tired or sad, but we remind him that we threw it in the trash and he remembers and seems to be okay with it. So, bye-bye bink!!

No comments: