11 May 2007


This is the BYU Jerusalem Center. It is an incredible place. We had a meeting in the Chapel and sang songs and toured the campus. It has the most unbelievable views. and the Chapel has all-glass walls and overlooks Jerusalem, best view of the city by far of anywhere we've seen, and you get that view for Sacrament meeting! Dad was nearly overcome by the place, he said if he had known how amazing the place was, he would have let Emily and Ellen go for study abroad, he felt really bad about saying no now that he's seen it!

7 comments:

ellen said...

oh man, do NOT tell me that. that's one of my biggest regrets in life, that I didn't just do it without his permission

Delos said...

What? You had to come up with $3k somehow, which you did not have, so you couldn't just do it yourself. But I'm telling you, it's the most amazing site you've ever seen. Each level (8 levels) with it's own incredible balconies overlooking Jerusalem, and Jerusalem has the amazing buildings and walls all over it. You see the dome of the rock right in front of you, it's hard to say how wonderful that place is. BYU only has a 98 year lease on it, and this is their 20th year (alice must have been one of the very first there), so you have about 78 years left to go. Dad said over and over several times that if only would have known what the place was like he would have paid for you to go for sure. But I for one was VERY glad he didn't. I wanted to be sure I was there BEFORE yous since I paid for this myownself!

Delos said...

They let anyone who wanted to play the Jersalem Center Organ too, it was amazing, I wanted to ask to play peter, peter, pumpkin eater put I couldn't get myself too. It has 3000+ pipes and is all mechanical, no electrical relays, the keys are mechanically connected to the valves that allow air into the pipes.

Holly or James said...

I never asked but i wish i would have! Can people stay there that aren't BYU students?

Emily said...

DAD! I'LL NEVER GET ANOTHER CHANCE LIKE THAT EVER! AHHHHH!! one of my biggest regrets too. delos is always telling gym to borrow to go on vacation, why not borrow to get an education and LIVE there? crazy. i used to walk through the harmon building just to look at the pictures of the place, i already knew it was beautiful.

Delos said...

Only BYU students can go there. Our guides where unofficial missionaries, and mom and dad asked how they got there. Just have to apply, and you can't do one bit of proselyting unless you want some killin', so this may be one place even mom could do a mission!

ellen said...

yeah I was gonna get a student loan