04 April 2007

our new house



This week for Family Home Evening we drove up to the new Draper temple site. It's about 2 minutes from our house...sometimes it's so cool to live here. Anyway, it looks like they're really coming along. Isaac likes to watch the cranes working and he learned you have to be obedient to go to the temple. A little ways up the street from the temple is the site of the house we've decided to build. I let the cat out of the bag because it's all framed so I thought I'd take some pictures to show you all. You can see it up above the already-finished houses:

Here's a closer view of the main house and children's wing: Here's a picture from farther back so you can see almost the whole house. My camera lens isn't quite wide enough to get the whole monster in one picture. On the left you can see the servants quarters:




Okay, so this is obviously a joke, but can you guys believe the size of this house? It must be 10,000 square feet. I swear it looks bigger than the entire temple site when you're there in person. It'll have a great view of the temple and the valley. Anyway, people have too much money if they can build a house like this! It has to cost millions. Utah is becoming the new California for real estate and it's insane. This is why we still live in my parents basement. Too many rich people move here from California!

No comments: